FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 22:52

Unvisible file on Vista 

Post a
i have another problem...when i copy files from UFS partition to NTFS partition and i'm using FreeBSD,i can see the copied files into the first one,but if i boot Vista,i can't see these files anymore,but they take space.
Now i want to delete them,but if i can't see them,how can i do it ?

Wed Feb 13, 2008 23:52
Tuxera CTO

If you can see the file on FreeBSD then delete it there.

If you can't see the file on FreeBSD then the volume was not unmounted properly.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 00:13

From FreeBSD i can see the files on the NTFS partition,but i can't delete them,because if i do it,pc freeze totally and reboot !

Thu Feb 14, 2008 00:45
Tuxera CTO

From FreeBSD i can see the files on the NTFS partition,but i can't delete them,because if i do it,pc freeze totally and reboot !

Unfortunately system crashes are reported quite often on FreeBSD recently :-(

What FreeBSD version do you use?

Run 'chkdsk /F' on Vista which should solve the problem or use a Linux LiveCD to remove the file. All latest ones have NTFS-3G included.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 00:52

Your FreeBSD system has panicked. Panic-upon-delete is a known issue, but I (who developed and maintain the kernel module) could not reproduce it, and haven't yet got enough feedback to find out what's wrong, therefore any information about this issue would be very valueable.

Please tell me about please the following data on your system:
  • uname -a
  • sysctl kern.osreldate
  • fusefs-kmod port version
  • fusefs-ntfs port version
  • ntfs-3g commandline you were using
  • type of ntfs media (internal hard disk, usb hard disk, etc.)
  • if you have installed the OS via binary install, then please tell me which install media you've used; if you've compiled the OS from source, please tell me the date of the /usr/src checkout

Moreover, I could make use of a good kgdb backtrace. A HOWTO about configuring your system for being able to make one: http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... anicsHowto With the proper configuration your system writes the core dump to swap while you experience the freeze and then reboots; and during system start it saves the dump to disk so that you can investigate it.

You can contact me via this forum or writing a mail to
Code:
csaba.henk creo hu
          @    . 

Sat Feb 16, 2008 19:56