FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 08:13

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Mount error since upgrade to Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.1 

Post Mount error since upgrade to Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.1
Hey there,

with snow leopard, everything was just fine.
Since the upgrade to Max OS Mavericks 10.9.1 I get a mount error:

NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk1s3
at /Volumes/IOMEGA NTFS because the following problem occurred:

/Library/Filesystems/fusefs.fs/Support/fusefs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
the MacFUSE file system is not available (71)

It appears several times before I even logon.

Then, when Mac OS has started up with the desktop, it appears again. This time oinly onece.

I already tried getting the latest version and installing it. Didn't help.

What do I do?

Thanks for help,
Peter

Sun Jan 05, 2014 16:05

Post Re: Mount error since upgrade to Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.1
I've had the same problem on 2 macs, both on OSX 10.8.5 where Tuxera was installed and running fine. (latest version, 2013-10 which is Mavericks compatible)
After upgrading to OSX 10.9.2 my USB external drives with NTFS filesystems would not mount. DiskUtility reported an error on the drives.
There were no problems with the drives - I reverted both machines back to 10.8.5 from backup disks and the drives worked fine again with both machines.

I've finally fixed the problem -
With the machine back on OSX 10.8.5, I uninstalled Tuxera NTFS. I then upgraded to OSX 10.9.2. After upgrade both drives worked fine with OSX and mounted fine, but obviously I could not write to those drives. I then re-installed Tuxera and now everything's fine.

It might be worth just trying uninstalling Tuxera and re-installing - or at least uninstalling and seeing if the drives start working OK again.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 00:14
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]