FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 04:08

Orphaned LDM kernel driver 

Post Orphaned LDM kernel driver
On Linux kernel there's a file called Documentation/ldm.txt

The file makes reference to a kernel module (ldm) able to assemble a windows software raid array under linux.
The document points also to old site linux-ntfs.org. Looking at archive.org I find the old files have been migrated to sourceforge.

There I found the latest documentation on LDM structure is updated in 2013, but the latest sourceforge ldm module appears to be orphaned since 2002.

However looking in latest kernel ldm.c file there is a link to documentation at linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=downloads which redirects me to tuxera.com/doku.php?id=downloads which in turn displays a 404.

What is the status of the ldm module? Where can I read a list of what arrays can linux assemble with ldm module and what can not? Who carries the development/support of this module? Maybe Anton Altaparmakov can help with an answer?

I'm asking because simple attempts to assemble a working raid1 windows array fails and the solution I've found on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8427 ... with-linux) despite looking ok involves too many manual steps. Maybe they can be integrated and automated into the LDM module.

Many thanks!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 04:18
NTFS-3G Lead Developer

Post Re: Orphaned LDM kernel driver
Hi,

Quote:
What is the status of the ldm module? Where can I read a list of what arrays can linux assemble with ldm module and what can not? Who carries the development/support of this module? Maybe Anton Altaparmakov can help with an answer?

There has been some recent discussion about ldm on the linux-ntfs list, see http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... nth=201207

Regards

Jean-Pierre

Wed Mar 13, 2013 09:44