FAQ SearchLogin
Tuxera Home
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 15:51



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 15:35
Posts: 4
Post lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
hello, sorry for my eglish.

I have problem with removing files/folders when i mount ntfs partition with ignore_case flag.

If file/folder names as "Example" in listins its show as "example", its normal, but when i try delete "rm example" i have error "no such file or directory", its problem, because i need write "rm Example" - then removed, but if i don't know real folder/file name - then hard do remove it... and some programs can't delete files too and program close with error... so - how to fix this problem?


Tue Dec 07, 2010 15:41
Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 15:35
Posts: 4
Post Re: lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
End open files problem to (by programms)... i can't normal use svn with ntfs partition with ignore_case flag, but i need this flag...


Tue Dec 07, 2010 16:04
Profile
NTFS-3G Lead Developer

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 17:22
Posts: 1286
Post Re: lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
Hi,

Quote:
If file/folder names as "Example" in listins its show as "example", its normal, but when i try delete "rm example" i have error "no such file or directory"

It is a bug. Good catch !

Can you check the attached fix ? Uncompress it into the main ntfs-3g source directory - the one from which you started ./configure - then apply it by :
Code:
patch libntfs-3g/dir.c dir.c.patch
make
# the next command as root (or "sudo make install")
make install

Quote:
how to fix this problem?

By reporting it, you helped improving ntfs-3g, thank you.

Regards

Jean-Pierre


Attachments:
dir.c.patch.gz [323 Bytes]
Downloaded 763 times
Tue Dec 07, 2010 17:01
Profile
NTFS-3G Lead Developer

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 17:22
Posts: 1286
Post Re: lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
Hi again,

Quote:
End open files problem to (by programms)...

Can you be more explicit ? I do not understand.

Regards

Jean-Pierre


Tue Dec 07, 2010 17:07
Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 15:35
Posts: 4
Post Re: lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
jpa wrote:
Hi,

Quote:
If file/folder names as "Example" in listins its show as "example", its normal, but when i try delete "rm example" i have error "no such file or directory"

It is a bug. Good catch !

Can you check the attached fix ? Uncompress it into the main ntfs-3g source directory - the one from which you started ./configure - then apply it by :
Code:
patch libntfs-3g/dir.c dir.c.patch
make
# the next command as root (or "sudo make install")
make install

Quote:
how to fix this problem?

By reporting it, you helped improving ntfs-3g, thank you.

Regards

Jean-Pierre
Yes, its work now. Thanks.

jpa wrote:
Hi again,

Quote:
End open files problem to (by programms)...

Can you be more explicit ? I do not understand.

Regards

Jean-Pierre
End = And (i mean), but with your patch is not now see problem. If the problem occurs again - will tell.

Thank you for the fix.


Tue Dec 07, 2010 17:29
Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 15:35
Posts: 4
Post Re: lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
and, if not difficult to answer, i have small problem. I could not understand why.

I can not change owner of files/folders on ntfs partition. He always root. Chown command runs without errors, but the owner does not change.


Tue Dec 07, 2010 17:59
Profile
NTFS-3G Lead Developer

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 17:22
Posts: 1286
Post Re: lowntfs-3g with ignore_case flag - rm problem
Hi again

Quote:
I can not change owner of files/folders on ntfs partition. He always root. Chown command runs without errors, but the owner does not change.

short answer : mount with option permissions (or set this option in etc/fstab), just like you set the option ignore_case, assuming you use an ntfs-3g version >= 2010.8.8

long answer : the above is not optimal if you need Windows to recognize the owners and permissions set by Linux, and conversely. For doing that you need to tell which Windows user corresponds to the Linux users.

Read the "man ntfs-3g" or http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g ... rmissions/

Regards

Jean-Pierre


Tue Dec 07, 2010 18:33
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Original forum style by Vjacheslav Trushkin.